What is a Business Improvement District (BID)?
What is the Eastbourne BID area?
I didn't vote in the ballot (or voted no)
The majority of businesses who took part in the ballot voted in favour (68%) for a BID to be established in September 2019.
The Town Centre BID will have a five-year lifespan, which can be extended by subsequent ballots. The BID was established on the 4th of September 2019.
What are the aims of Eastbourne BID?
- market the town as a great place to work, live, shop and visit
- provide a voice for the town centre’s businesses
- enhance the area with winter lighting, signage and planters and create shopping identities in independent areas
- improve the safety and security of the BID area
- provide outreach services to tackle homelessness and anti-social behaviour
How is the BID financed?
- All businesses with a rateable value of £6,000 will be liable for the levy
- Serviced tenants of The Beacon receive a discount of 15%
- Charities who do not have a retail unit and NHS premises which do not practice private health services are exempt