Track and TraceSeptember 21, 2020
Project Your Pictures!September 23, 2020
Prime Minister's Statement
Today, at 12.30pm the Prime Minister made a statement to explain the new restrictions that are coming into place:
- Office workers who can work from home should do so.
- In key public services, and in all professions where homeworking is not possible (such as construction and retail) people should continue to attend their workplaces.
- Taxi and private hire drivers and their customers are required to wear face coverings.
Effective from Thursday
From Thursday, pubs, bars and restaurants need to close at 10pm. This also extends to takeaways (although deliveries can continue after).
For clarity, the premises must be closed at 10pm, not calling for last orders.
These premises are restricted to table service only.
Face masks are compulsory for bar staff and non-seated customers, shop workers, and waiters .
Customers in indoor hospitality venues will also have to wear face masks, except when seated at a table to eat or drink
COVID Secure guidelines for businesses in retail, hospitality, leisure and other sectors will be legally enforceable.
Shops, restaurants and other hospitality businesses risk closure or penalties of £10,000 if they do not obey the requirements around maximum group sizes, track and trace and mask wearing.
Fines for not wearing masks or following rules increase to £200 for first offence.
These restrictions are likely to last six months.
Whilst not stated in the PMs statement - from Thursday, many businesses (particularly hospitality, close contact services and leisure venues) must have a QR poster for the NHS Track and Trace App. You can create one by visiting this website. The Government is encouraging all businesses, places of worship, community organisations and events to set themselves up. Please do help contain the virus by being involved.
Things to Consider:
- The Prime Minister's statement can be read in full here.
- You must have a COVID risk assessment if you haven't already got one. Click here for a step by step guidance from Gov.uk. You should update your risk assessment based on the latest Government guidelines
- Your business must follow the latest COVID-Secure guidance. Click here for the information. Don't forget you can also sign up (for free) to the Eastbourne COVID Ready quality assurance scheme. Click here for more information
- It is mandatory for a wider range of businesses and organisations (including hospitality, close contact services and leisure venues) to collect customer, visitor and staff contact detail logs for the purposes of track and trace. From this Thursday, businesses must display the official NHS QR posters. Our recommendation is that you take details of everyone at the table - although Government rules state that if there is more than one person you can record the details of the lead member of the group (up to 6). Full details are available here. To create your QR code - follow this link.
- Have you got adequate PPE equipment? You may find the EHA PPE Online Shop offers items at a cheaper rate. Click here for more info.
- Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions on how the rules may affect your business. Email email@example.com